Sunday, September 21, 2008

ASB Italy 2009 - Wow

Today was the big day: I picked my team members for the Alternative Spring Break trip that I am co-leading next year.

Oh. My. Goodness.

We had 36 applicants that put us down for their first choice (there are about 14 different trips), about 15 as their second option, and about 20 for their third = 71 applicants in total.

We could only pick EIGHT.

And let me tell you this: We were there for almost SIX HOURS. We had to pass up a lot of good applicants because of various reasons, but we are so psyched for the ones we did pick. We are going to have the most amazing trip in the history of ASB and we're going to make it super cheap... how does $1800 sound? :)

Wednesday is reveal night; remember we don't know who we actually picked, we just saw their essays and student ID number. I can't wait to meet the people and put a face to the applications because they were seriously amazing. I feel bad that we couldn't pick more but asi es la vida. I think it was the most stressful thing I had done in a long time because I felt like I was fate and was determining the future for a lot of people. But no matter where everyone gets placed, they will have a once-in-a-lifetime experience and I hope they see that.

More life news: not much. 4 tests in 3 days = no sleep for Ellen. I wish I cared more. But right now, I'm writing on my blog instead of studying, so I think you can imagine....

Peace.


No comments: