Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Maybe if my feet weren't so big

I cause natural disasters.

Before I went on my trip to Italy, my team was having some team bonding time and we each shared something interesting about ourselves. This was soon after the earthquake in Costa Rica, and so I decided to share my theory on how natural disasters follow me when I travel. Here are the data:

Nicaragua 2005 - Earthquake (6.6) while I was there

Guatemala 2007 - Sinkhole kills 2 people

Peru 2007 - Earthquake (7.9) kills 330

Costa Rica 2009 - Earthquake (6.1) kills 15

I swear, it was kind of a joke at first, with my teammates asking me what type of natural disaster I would cause in Italy. Maybe Pompeii Part II? But no. It was decided that since Italy is on a fault line it would be more likely that I would cause and earthquake. Well oh well. Something to add to the proof:

Italy 2009 - Earthquake (6.3) kills 207

This is just plain freaky. I've been called a "prophet" by Jessica's friend, but I'm pretty sure I'm just plain cursed. And it only seems to happen in places where I travel to alone, without my family. They seem to cancel out my bad mojo. But I've kind of been hesitant to go anywhere now because who knows what could happen next... And of course my friends find it hysterical: When I announced that earthquakes follow in my wake, someone's response was, "Well maybe if your feet weren't so big..." Oh yeah, thanks for boosting my ego a whole bunch.

Peace. (I hope)
Ti amo Italia

No comments: