Tomorrow's the big day!!! I'm off to Italy!!!
But here's what I have to tackle in the mean time: Tonight is study session in my room. I have a microbiology and biochemistry test tomorrow, back to back, 9 am and 10 am. Then I have to meet up at 11 am to go to the airport. I haven't quite determined my game-plan as to how I'm going to fight against jet-lag, but I'm pretty sure that I'll have a nice long time to sleep on the second plane ride from JFK to Rome (9 hours). I am worried that the trip won't be AMAZING, but then I remind myself that I'll be in Rome. Haha oh YEAH. Rain just can't ruin the Sistine Chapel, Colosseum, Pantheon... I think I'll survive. And be ready for thousands (no joke) of photos!
Our general itinerary, or rather the idea of the trip, is that we will be meeting with agencies during the morning (World Food Programme, Food & Agriculture Organization, US Missions for the UN) to learn about hunger policy issues, and then in the afternoon we will be working in a soup kitchen of sorts called Caritas. I'm not really sure what to expect from either aspect of the trip, but I know that I will walk away from this experience a lot more knowledgeable and well-versed in hunger issues and policies.
Well, maybe I'll have a chance to make an update when I get there, but if not...
PACE! (<-- Italian for PEACE!!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment