Never leave your house key on your key chain when you park valet. Your parents will be angry, threaten to change the locks, and make you feel really bad about your lack of street smarts. It might even make you cry when you think about it.
Do you now understand how badly I need to get out of here? Everyday, I tell my parents something else that makes them upset and in turn I feel like a complete failure at life. What happened to me being the poster child, the one that was always bragged about at every adult function? Everything I do these days is a let down. Since CR, I haven't been able to brag about much, and maybe my parents are just forgetting that I have a perfect GPA, full ride scholarship, saving them thousands upon thousands of dollars so they can redo their kitchen and take family trips to Ecuador. Maybe they just forgot about all of that. One thing is for sure... I need, need, need to get out of this house and back to school and get on with my own life. But first, I need to get a serious boost of endorphines because my self-esteem and general disposition has become borderline depressed.
Please make me smile.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Your parents certainly haven't forgotten any of that and you are way more than the "Poster Child".
And just because you may do something dumb once and awhile doesn't make you dumb.
Post a Comment